Thursday, November 20, 2008

Upcoming Jamboree

In response to the last post: OK Jon, so the song is "folksy", let's not go throwing around the term country or our records are likely to get mis-categorized in the record shops. Every good hard hitting band does well to go off on a little acoustic tangent now and then. That's the reason why I have a mandolin in the closet and I'm dusting it off just for your song. So in case everyone is in high anticipation of hearing what Jon Stone sounds like singing country I'll dispell that notion and try to replace it with the slant of Only Anything getting down to some folksy roots, and it sounds like we'll be doing a little blues too.

Now to fill in a few details:
The other musicians joining the jam for this occasion may or may not include:
Jeff Scott (drums), Trevor Thompson (guitar), Dave Bertoglio (harmonica, guitar?), Jesse Henderson (guitar), and maybe some other suprise guests! assuming that they can be persuaded out of their turkey induced festivities.
I, having recently taken up drums myself, will be dabbling in that area but primarily will play my usuals: guitar and bass.

In tradition of old times, I will be creating my version of sheet music for my new songs which means an assortment of chord symbols, standard music notation, AABA type song structure diagrams and other notes usually intended to help the band learn my songs. I'll post them up here sometime this weekend for a sneak peak at what's to come.

Jon Thwaits

2 comments:

jonstone said...

I want to know what Marisa thinks about it. She is the ultimate critic... maybe I want to wait till we have a real recording though. :)

Jonathan G.Thwaits said...

she will be persuaded.