Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer songs

Summer is fading. Tomorrow I'll be traveling back to Illinois with my family and Wednesday I'll be back at work. But today I sit on the couch at my parents' house in American Fork trying to relish it.

I think Jon and I did pretty well on our summer challenge. Jon may not be done, but we have, right now, four songs each. Enough for a short album's worth of material--and EIGHT more than we might have had without a challenge.

This last song from me was written over the last 10 days here in Utah. The melody started one morning in the shower and I filled in words whenever I could--sitting at church, in the car on the way North, whenever...

The song, for me, is a sweet one. I haven't lived in the same town as my parents for 12 years, but whenever I'm in their home, I can't help but feel home. This is a song for them.

Wasatch Front from Only Anything on Vimeo.


Here's a YouTube link as well for those of you who have trouble with Vimeo: Wasatch Front

4 comments:

The Margin Wight said...

Jon-was the sun in your eyes? You don't look very happy to be in happy valley. Song is very nice though.

jonstone said...

Wistful, tortured poet posturing.

Plus, a little sad to be leaving.

the Marvelous Mrs. M said...

Beautiful!

the Marvelous Mrs. M said...

"under an old saguaro is where my wife's heart is(lives?)" that's a great line- love it :)