Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Three Candles, Richins house, December 1995


Three Candles from Only Anything on Vimeo.

The awesomeness of this footage is marred by a few tragedies. First, it is one of only a few songs actually salvaged from the tape that this was on. Much of it was recorded over by an unsuspecting parent trying to capture hours of captivating backyard explorations by his then one-year-old (my sister).

The second is that the videographer of this particular clip was (and I don't remember who it was), um, creative. Lots of fast ins and outs which, added to the weird visual distortion that occurred sometime during my processing the video for online viewing, makes actually watching it a bit challenging.

But there are some really great things about this show that I am glad we captured. First, Mat is rocking it out! Second, check out those work suits! Third, said videographer got some really great shots of Joe also rocking it out. And finally, see if you can spot the Psychedeli-deck! (Oh, and my glasses are pretty cool too).

(Oh, and Mike Corcoran, if you're out there, you totally make a cameo on this.)

4 comments:

Mat said...

You were the one who rocked it homeslice.

Jonathan G.Thwaits said...

This video is great, dramatic shots and angles. I don't really notice much of the strange effects Jon was mentioning.

Michelle said...

I feel the need to, ahem (clear my throat), defend myself here. Yes, I WAS the "um, creative" videographer, but only under the strict direction of my dear elder brother, who I distinctly remember telling me, "We don't want it boring and right at us. go in and out, do weird angles, try and get shots of everyone, etc. just don't be boring." I remember thinking, "Later he's totally gonna tell me it should have been a little more, ahem, boring."

thanks for the assurance, JT. :)

jonstone said...

ok, ok. I take it back! M, you're rad as usual.