Sunday, June 7, 2009

The first from J.T. "Need"

I can truly tell you that it is a very exciting time here in the land of Only Anything. You can expect a lot of activity here. To get the ball rolling on my end I have made a video of an acoustic performance of a song called Need. This is a song written years ago but never recorded because I was trying to plan the right arrangement and ran out of time. It got shelved for a while along with a few other tunes. I pulled it out a few days ago and realized that it works well with just a simple acoustic arrangement. So here is #1 from me.

Need from Only Anything on Vimeo.


"A song first conceived in 2003. I've always been impressed that I could actually write a song like this. When I listen to it I marvel that I came up with it. It's about humans (and me in particular) being so reliant on others. I propose that one of my greatest needs is to be needed."

Over the last semester I made a series of acoustic videos mostly of cover songs. You may have seen them on facebook but if you missed them you can go to my YouTube page for all of those: http://www.youtube.com/thwaits

Now to look ahead,
I'm thinking the next song I submit will be Polygraph, which describes an experience from my life where I was obliged to endure an interrogation and polygraph test; not a fun time. It is an accurate retelling without embellishment, which is not always the case in my writing. It also features a non-pitched vocal segment at the end....ummm, OK, it's a rap. This is a first for me. Now you know what you have to look forward to.

1 comment:

jonstone said...

preemptive posts on Facebook steal the thunder of a thoughtful comment on the blog--nevertheless, great song, man. Great song.